Seminar reports from Turkey

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Seminar reports from Turkey
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I was on a 15 days of conference on PostgreSQL in Turkey. Presented 6
seminars to 6 universities.

Here is a short report:

1.Development of both Oracle and PostgreSQL began in 1977, however very
few people know about PostgreSQL.

2. Most of the people asked me about the Windows port of PostgreSQL
(windows is used more than any *nix in here). Told them that it will not
be available in near future... and installed Linux on their computers :-)

3. In here, we have only 40 pages of Turkish manual which I've written
a few months ago... They said they needed a Turkish manual. I contacted
with some academicians, they will help me while transtlating the
manuals... I'll go on writing new documents...

4. We need more free software which will work on PostgreSQL.
Newcomers do not know about gborg :(

Anyway, this is a short report. I'm working on a web page, which would
present Turkish info on PostgreSQL. If we succeed, I believe that
PostgreSQL will be widely used in here, all we need is to give Turkish
support to people.

Best regards.

--

Devrim GUNDUZ