Re: changeing type of column

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: changeing type of column
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Yuri,

On Tue, 2 Apr 2002, Yuri A. Kabaenkov wrote:

> I've know that there is no function to change type of column in postgresql table.
> But i have a table with serial field (sequence) and many other field.
> And i need to change one field from int4 to varchar.
>
> What is the best way to do it ?

Just dump the database, edit the dump file, change the table definitions
in the dump file and reload the database...

Best regards,

--

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

От: Petru Paler
Сообщение: Inheritance referential integrity problem