Re: Select <-> Case Insensitive

От Devrim GUNDUZ
Тема Re: Select <-> Case Insensitive
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

The query

SELECT * from mytable order by lower(description);

could solve your problem.

test=# SELECT * from mycase order by lower(descr);
 code | descr
------+-------
 1    | A
 4    | a
 2    | B
 5    | b
 3    | C
 6    | c

Regards,

Devrim

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002, Marcelo Pereira wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> How can I do a query make the `order' statment sort the tuples without
> looking for the `case' ?
>
> I have a table like this:
>
> cod | Description
> ----+----------------
>  1  | A
>  2  | B
>  3  | C
>  4  | a
>  5  | b
>  6  | c
>
> I would like to do a `select * from thistable order by description' that
> returns the following:
>
> cod | Description
> ----+----------------
>  1  | A
>  4  | a
>  2  | B
>  5  | b
>  3  | C
>  6  | c
>
> How can I do it?
>
> [Ps.: Sorry by this simply question, but I couldn't find anything at the
> man pages!!]
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Marcelo Pereira
>
> -- Remember that only God and Esc+:w saves.
>         __
>        (_.\           Marcelo Pereira       |
>         / / ___                             |
>        / (_/ _ \__    Matematica/99 - IMECC |

Devrim GUNDUZ

devrim@oper.metu.edu.tr
devrim.gunduz@linux.org.tr
devrimg@tr.net

Web : http://devrim.oper.metu.edu.tr

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: restoring 7.2 data to 7.3dev
От: Pam Wampler
Сообщение: Re: number of connections to postmaster