Re: time problem with postgres ODBC driver (fwd)

От Laurette Cisneros
Тема Re: time problem with postgres ODBC driver (fwd)
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Hi Hiroshi,

Thank you very much for helping me on this problem...I really do appreciate
it.

This problem is very perplexing to us.

We have the following:

1) Client program - Esri Arcview (version 3.2)
2) MS ODBC (Data Sources) (ODBC Data Sources Administrator, About tab shows
   version 3.520.6019.0 for all components)
3) psqlodbcplus driver (date: 04/01/01) (we tried the trial version
   3.0 but unfortunately it gives us a segmentation violation so we are not
   using it)

I do not completely understand how each of those interact with each other
and I believe that you do...this is why I ask so many questions to maybe
try to isolate where the problem is...in one of those?

In our client application we can connect in one of two ways, using a
menu item a) "Create Database Table" or b) "SQLConnect".  If we turn on ODBC
tracing (via ODBC Data Sources, Tracing tab) for a) we will get a trace log
(like the one I sent to you), for b) we will not get a tracing log - which
tells me that SQLConnect does not go through MS ODBC DSN but rather goes
directly to the postgresql odbc driver...would you agree?

Well, for a) we see this problem for b) we do not.

The problem is that in the client application, what gets displayed for the
time field is the value "20020221" or today's date, not the time value
though clearly via other methods we can see the time value returned.

So, what we are trying to figure out is:
1) is this a problem with the postgresql odbc driver returning a wrong
   "flag" type for the data type, or
2) is MS ODBC DSN translating wrong or,
3)  is it a bug in our client, or
4) Something else?

What I was asking before was, since the trial postgresql odbc 3.0 driver
doesn't work for us and the psqlodbcplus (date: 04/01/01) does
not support ODBC 3.0, I was assuming this meant the MS ODBC DSN was vers.
3.0.  So, I wanted to unintall MS ODBC DSN and install a previous version
that is supported by the psqlodbcplus (date: 04/01/01).  Is this possible?

Also, I re-ran the simple example of a table tst1 that has two columns col1
of type date and col2 of type time.  I have attached the mylog output and
the MS ODBC DSN tracing log to look at.

Thank you again for your help!

--
Laurette Cisneros
(510) 420-3137

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] UTF-8 data migration problem in Postgresql 7.2