Re: Looking for a function

От Rich Shepard
Тема Re: Looking for a function
Дата
Re: Looking for a function
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 17 Feb 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Yes, there is, but it is part of a data type, MONEY, that we will be
> converting to numeric some day:
>
>     test=> select cash_words(100::money);
>                  cash_words
>     ------------------------------------
>      One hundred dollars and zero cents
>     (1 row)

Bruce,

  And I thought that the money data type was deprecated because it was
replaced my numeric.

  I suppose the answer to my question is to locate a copy of the money
source code and rummage around it in for more useful goodies. Hmmm-m-m. All
I find when grepping the source tarball I have for 7.2 is PGmoney.java in
the interfaces directory.

  Would the money data type code be available?

Many thanks,

Rich