Re: FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks

От Richard Troy
Тема Re: FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 1 Dec 2006, Tom Lane wrote:

> So at this point we are facing three options:
>     - throw in a large and poorly tested "fix" at the last moment;
>     - postpone 8.2 until we can think of a real fix, which might
>       be a major undertaking;
>     - ship 8.2 with the same behavior 8.0 and 8.1 had.
> None of these are very attractive, but I'm starting to think the last
> is the least bad.
>
>             regards, tom lane

I'd go with that last option; it's important to get this release out now,
I think, as it has a lot of value add, and people get it that things
aren't always perfect. I do, however, feel that the "real fix" is vital,
whenever it can occur. It's attention to detail like this that elevates
this group from good to great.

Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist
Science Tools Corporation

Сообщение: Re: [CORE] FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks
Сообщение: Re: [CORE] FOR SHARE vs FOR UPDATE locks