Re: Info

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Info
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Tue, 11 May 2004, [koi8-r] "Slava Ilijin[koi8-r] "  wrote:

> Hello, I have inserted a data bank in SQL server  2000 and from it have
> generated a Script. I would like to convert to this Script in
> postgresql, but I don't know like this does. I become to you very
> thankfully for every kind of information. Yours sincerely Sven

Is this just data, or are you using TSQL in Microsoft, or some other
language like php or vb to access the data?

If it's in TransactSQL you'll have to learn a new language if you don't
know on of the dozen or so supported by postgresql to write your own
user defined function.  Some of the languages available are plruby,
plperl, plphp, plpgsql, plsql, plpython, pltcl, and of course, plC.

plpgsql, pltcl, and plsql are the most "shaken out" with lots of
development having been done in them.  C requires a fair investment in
your time and effort to begin development in, and generally isn't
recommend for beginners.   plpgsql is pretty much the default language,
and a lot has been done in it.  For some examples, see:

http://jonathangardner.net/PostgreSQL/materialized_views/matviews.html

IF you have written an app in vb/c# etc... you can probably just get the
oledb connector and start hacking your code around that.

http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/oledb/projdisplay.php

Also, the mono project appears to be working on an OLEDB connector too
that might work.

Or, you could abandon whatever you've used and start it over in php, perl,
C, or whatever else you want, using the native postgresql connection libs
for those languages...

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: