Re: Data Encryption in PostgreSQL, and a Tutorial.

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Data Encryption in PostgreSQL, and a Tutorial.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I think that's what digest does.  It doesn't appear to install in 7.4
since 7.4 has the md5 function.  I don't have a 7.3 box to test it on
though...

On Tue, 11 May 2004, Dias Bantekas wrote:

> does any one know how to get an md5()-like hash function using pgcrypto
> for postgresql 7.3 ? without upgrading to 7.4
>
> Thanks for any input.
>
> Dias
>
> scott.marlowe wrote:

> >>Obviously not... that's why we don't use it at work....
> >

> > let's see:
> >
> > su -
> > cd /usr/local/src/postgresql-7.4.2
> > cd contrib/pgcrypto
> > make
> > make install
> >
> > Total time taken: <30 seconds.
> >
> > If that's a make or break deal for you on a database I'd hate to go car
> > buying with you.

> > TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your
> >       joining column's datatypes do not match

Сообщение: Re: Data Encryption in PostgreSQL, and a Tutorial.
Сообщение: Re: Data Encryption in PostgreSQL, and a Tutorial.