Re: OSDB.org

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: OSDB.org
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, 25 Feb 2004, Christopher Browne wrote:

> Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when chriskl@familyhealth.com.au (Christopher Kings-Lynne) would write:
> > Anyone seen the new looking OSDB.org?
> >
> > http://www.osdb.org/
>
> Interesting; it points at Backplane (<http://backplane.com/>), which
> is one I had not previously heard of.  It sounds rather like the
> recent "clustering" version of PostgreSQL.

I was looking through their docs, and it seems like it's definitely an
early early release.

While it supports sub transactions, it has many gaping holes left to be
implemented:

the only data type supported is string
No support for OR in the where clause
No mention of triggers, constraints, et. al.

But Matt Dillon is a great programmer, I could see this database becoming
a contender in a year or two for certain types of use cases.