Re: Patch to readd documentation

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Patch to readd documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Oliver Jowett wrote:

> Oliver Jowett wrote:
> > I think you should be able to validate the docs at the XML level using
> > just the XML libraries provided with recent JDKs (I'll check if this
> > works shortly). We do need the DocBook XML DTDs available to properly
> > validate the document, but that seems less onerous than needing a recent
> > XSLT processor plus DocBook stylesheets.
> >
> > Ant has a XMLValidate task that might be useful here.
>
> The attached patch implements this. It'll use a local copy of the
> DocBook XML DTDs if present, otherwise it'll grab them from the system
> URI given in pgjdbc.xml (i.e. from www.open-oasis.org). See the comments
> in the patch for more details.

I don't see what the point of the xmlcatalog in its current incarnation
is.  It should either take a config parameter like building the
documentation does as a path to the dtds or it should package them with
it.  As it stands the user would have to download the files and put them
in this special doc directory.  If that is the expected case we should
just package them ourselves as I've recommended elsewhere.

Kris Jurka

Сообщение: Re: Patch to readd documentation
Сообщение: Re: Patch to readd documentation