Re: setArray()

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: setArray()
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Conor Beverland wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to insert a large array of integers into the database (15000)
> However I can't seem to get PreparedStatement.setArray() to work.

At the moment there is no way for user code to instantiate an Array
object, so calling setArray will only work with an array you got from a
ResultSet.

> I saw a patch in the archives regarding this but I'm not in control of
> the java installation which I'm using.
>
> I'm currently converting my array into a string before inserting it
> and using setString()... However this is *very* slow!

Behind the scenes the driver would do the exact same thing, so even if you
could call setArray() it wouldn't help your performace problem.

Kris Jurka