Re: problems with transaction blocks

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: problems with transaction blocks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Another good way to handle this is to put a trigger on the table that
diverts inserts that would fail to a holding table.  While this will slow
down the inserts, it will allow you to insert large lists of dubious
quality and worry about the bad rows later.

My preference is to fix the data feed, or pre-process it with PHP/Perl to
split it into two files ahead of time, but I'm more of a coder than a dba.
I get a lot of data to import from other sources at work, and it's often
easier to make the sources fix their data feeds than it is to try and
massage them each and every time.