Re: [BUGS] Jdbc connection pooling and PG 7.4 consistently fails

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: [BUGS] Jdbc connection pooling and PG 7.4 consistently fails
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:

> While I've got your attention on this, where is a good place for the RPM to
> place the jars that would be usable by the largest number of people?
> Currently they are just plunked down and no real installation is being done.
>
> Or, to put it a different way, how would you want to see the RPM handle the
> jars?  There are significant issues to deal with, but give me your wish list.

I'm the wrong person to ask about RPMs a debian fan, but I don't think you
can do much better than just putting them somewhere.  There are four
different jar files each for a different java runtime environment, so
you'd need to somehow figure out which version they want.  Even if you
figured out which version they were using, deciding where to put it is
another difficulty.  Classloading in java can be a real rats nest.  Just
putting it in a standard location (Debian uses /usr/share/java for all
jars) is fine so other people/packages can adjust their classpath to use
it or symlink it to another location.

Kris Jurka