Re: Multi column foreign keys.

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: Multi column foreign keys.
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Mofeed Shahin wrote:

> Some questions though:
> When I do
> DatabaseMetaData metaData = connection.getMetaData ();
> ResultSet tableResultSet = metaData.getTables ("", null, null, new
> String[]{"TABLE"})
>
> I'm actually getting alot more tables than I wanted. I seem to be getting all
> the system tables, which I don't want.

With 7.4 came the information_schema which I believe is what you are
seeing.  The attached patch should fix that.

> I also get messages like :
> "Column is_insertable_into in table views has unknown type code 1111"

This message is probably from your own code after doing
DatabaseMetaData.getColumns() on information_schema.views.  The DATA_TYPE
column is returning java.sql.Types.OTHER which you don't know how to
handle.  Perhaps we need to look at how domains are handled here and it
should return the base type's code, but as this problem is in the
information schema you shouldn't have to deal with in.

Kris Jurka

Вложения