Re: Good open source mailing list system PHP / Postgresql

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Good open source mailing list system PHP / Postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 1 Dec 2003, Greg Stark wrote:

> "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com> writes:
>
> > Again, show me an area where PHP is actually deficient here.  Something
> > Perl or Ruby does better that would pertain to a mailing list.  Don't just
> > wave your hands around, give us a concrete example of its short comings.
>
> Error handling. The lack of exceptions is driving me absolutely insane.

Have you had a look at this:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mirrors.html?page=%2Fbrowse.html%2Fpackage%2F345.html

> But what does all this all this have to do with Postgres?

Tangential, tangential.  But it appears every time someone mentions using
PHP around here he gets bashed for it.  It's tiring to listen to.