Re:

От S.P.Vimala
Тема Re:
Дата
Список pgsql-php

I think u are right, My code goes like this.......

This is what i do in my html page
$result  =  insert_user($userloginid,$username,$password,$usertype,$txtAddress,
$phoneno,$email);

The function insert_user is like this.

function insert_user($loginid,$username,$password,$usertype,$txtAddress,$phoneno,$email){
     if($dbhandle=get_dbconnection())
      {
        $query="insert into vyapar_user values('". $loginid .
"','" . $username . "','" . $password . "','" . $usertype . "','" .
$txtAddress . "','" . $phoneno . "','" . $email .  "')";
        $result=pg_exec($dbhandle,$query);
        if(!result)
           return null;
        else
           return $result;
      }
}

I need to prevent '' as well as ' ' entry into the db which are also null
values may be not theoritically but in practice they are....

so any suggestions?