Re: NFS performance tuning

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: NFS performance tuning
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sun, 31 Aug 2003, Jefim M wrote:

> I have the following setup for my PostgreSQL box:
> 4GB Ram
> Dual CPU
> Redhat 7.3 with 2.4.20-18.7smp kernel
> 2 network cards - one is dedicated to internal traffic to the NetApp filer
> and other is used for other traffic
>
> and all the Postgres database  resides on the NetApp filer using NFS.
> Number of the connection to the database is configured to 64.
>
> What are best configuration setting I need to use on my PostgreSQL and Linux
> boxes to get the best performance from PostgresSQL?
> Are there any recomendations for the given setup (having the data on the
> remote server) ?

We use a netapp and I had to muck around with the default settings under
rh7.2 to get reliable behaviour.  Note that our database does not sit on a
netapp, only our semi-static web content does.

Here's the settings I added, at the behest of one of our unix / linux
ubergeeks:

timeo=10,retry=1,bg,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192