Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Thomas Swan wrote:
>
> > Has anyone looked at changing the default block size across the board
> > and what the performance improvements/penalties might be?  Hardware has
> > changed quite a bit over the years.
>
> I *think* that the reason for the performance improvement on FreeBSD is
> that our FS block size is 16k, instead of 8k ... are there any other
> OSs that have increased theirs?

Linux, is still, as far as I know, limited to the max page size of the CPU
it's on, which for most x86 is 4k.

Windows 2k can go up to 64k block sizes.

Сообщение: Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...
Сообщение: Re: Bumping block size to 16K on FreeBSD...