Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, 1 Aug 2003, Chad N. Tindel wrote:

> Excellent!  That is exactly what I'm talking about.
>
> BTW, the "my2pg.pl" link is a dead link.

This is probably something that could be codified a bit here in the news
group.

I'd say the pitfalls I'm aware of are:

autoincrement fields -> sequences
full text indexing -> fts/tsearch etc...
enum -> check constraint
vacuum / analyze
simple performance tuning (out of the box the postgresql.conf settings
aren't really all that great, but they let postgresql come up on almost
anything.)
pg_hba.conf default setting that doesn't allow tcp/ip connections
not being able to run postgresql as root (a good thing TM)

Сообщение: Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls
Сообщение: Re: Mysql -> Postgresql pitfalls