Re: Basic questions before start

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Basic questions before start
Дата
Re: Basic questions before start  (Gogulus <gogulus@eqnet.hu>)
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 30 Jul 2003, Gogulus wrote:

> As the clients should be able to work without network connection, they
> have to have a local database, and if net connection is on, do the
> synchronization with master db. The main idea is, sale cannot stop
> because of net connection breakage.
>
> That's why I am asking if 100 Mhz of CPU, 32 Mbytes of RAM can take care
> of a database with around 100 tables, 3-4 of these tables having
> 50-60000 of records, others have at most 1000.

I would say yes, but I would also say that you should design this around a
character based interface.  The overhead of a GUI is gonna make it much
slower.

I don't know if you're familiar with the ncurses library, but that's what
I'd use, along with C or a lightweight scripting language like Perl or
PHP.