Re: how to get table information from php client ?

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: how to get table information from php client ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 16 Jul 2003, Reynard Hilman wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to do the equivalent of "\d table_name" in psql with php
> pgsql client library?
> Basically I just need to know the primary keys of a table, if any.

run 'psql -E dbname' from the command line, then \d table.  Now pick out
the query displayed that seems to be the right one and issue it from php.
It's a little inobvious and even cumbersom, but also kinda cool to see
what the psql client does when you type \d tablename.