Re: db

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: db
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Kris Jurka wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jul 2003, Daniel Phlander wrote:
>

> > Hello! I have a problem: I have installed PostgreSQL 7.3.3 and I have
> > also put in the db a ( /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_dumpall > backup.sql ),
> > which I made from a PostgreSQL 7.2.4.  backup.sql; has uploaded with
> > no problem, but now in the applications on which I work I have to make
> > backup.sql from PgSQL 7.3.3 and to put into PgSQL 7.2.4., but I see
> > this is not working (I have errors). I want to know how can I put a
> > backup.sql made on a PgSQL 7.3.3 and to upload it into PgSQL 7.2.4. ?
> > I look forward to hear from you! Thanks. Daniel
>
> pg_dump only allows moving to an equal or greater version of postgresql,
> so you're kind of out of luck moving 7.3.3 -> 7.2.4

Note that standard operating procedure is to use the version of pg_dump
for the version of the database you're going to.

i.e. to dump a 7.3 db to 7.2, you need to use the pg_dump from 7.2.

This comes with the caveat that until version 7.4, no real effort was made
for pg_dumpall to handle different versions of your database, meaning
individual databases can be dumped like this, but not whole clusters.

Сообщение: Re: Please help with binary file
Сообщение: Re: Please help with binary file