Re: Error adding table in Crystal Reports(mult. schemas

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: Error adding table in Crystal Reports(mult. schemas
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Godshall Michael wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a postgresql database with two non temporary schemas.  I am able to
> add the tables from the schema named "Public" to my reports but I cannot add
> tables from my 2nd schema to my reports.
>
> I am not trying to add tables from both schemas to same report.
>
> I tried using ODBC 7.2X and have upgraded to 7.3.100 and still receive the
> following error.
> "Not Supported. Details:  Cannot obtain error message from server".
>
> The account I am using to access both schemas is the same with same
> permissions set.
>
> I am using Crystal 9.0 with SP1 installed on Win2000 SP4.
>
> How can I determine if the problem is with postgresql driver or crystal?

More than likely Crystal 9.0 was written with pgsql 7.2.x in mind, and
doesn't know that 7.3.x has schema support.

In general, when there's a problem with Crystal Reports and some other
piece of software, the problem is usually with Crystal Reports.  I'm not
being sarcastic, it's honestly been my experience that Crystal Reports is
a pretty rigid / inflexible program that doesn't integrate well with
things it wasn't programmed to directly integrate with.