Re: problems with getImportedKeys method

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: problems with getImportedKeys method
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Luke wrote:
> When I execute method getImportedKeys:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: ERROR: Unable to identify an ordering operator '<'
> for type 'bytea'
> Use an explicit ordering operator or modify the query
>
> I use org.postgresql.Driver as a driver for PostgreSQL 7.0.1 database
> running in HP-UX envirement.

The query being executed is SELECT DISTINCT which includes
pg_trigger.tgargs which is a bytea datatype.  The 7.0 server series does
not have support for ordering this datatype which means SELECT DISTINCT
cannot be done on it.  The DISTINCT part of this query has been removed in
the 7.4devel version of the driver, but unfortunately another problem has
presented itself.  The query used mixes explicit and implicit joins which
the 7.0 parser apparently has problems with.  You've got a couple of
options in order of best to worst:

1) Upgrade.  7.0.1 is quite old.
2) Get the current driver from cvs and change the joins to be implicit.
3) Try and remove the DISTINCT from whatever version of the driver you
have.

Kris Jurka