Re: JDBC Driver -- getImportedKeys

От Kris Jurka
Тема Re: JDBC Driver -- getImportedKeys
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
This is not a stack trace from a 7.3 or 7.3.1 driver.  The
org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData class was removed between the 7.2
and 7.3 series.  Even then I can't find reference to an importLoop method
in older drivers (7.1.3 or 7.2.3).

Please check your driver, classpath settings, or
DatabaseMetaData.getDriverVersion().

Kris Jurka

On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, Candis Thomas wrote:

> The stack trace is as follows:
>
> java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -3
>         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1520)
>         at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1487)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData.importLoop(DatabaseMetaData.java:2263)
>         at org.postgresql.jdbc2.DatabaseMetaData.getImportedKeys(DatabaseMetaData.java:2408)
>         at com.nubridges.shared.util.Column.setColumnInfo(Column.java:369)
>         at com.nubridges.shared.util.Column.main(Column.java:426)
>
> Candis.

withina table.  Though the DataBaseMetaData method getPrimaryKeys() executes splendidly, I am getting errors when using
thegetImportedKeys() method.  The code below attempts to determine whether or not a particular column is a foreign key.

> > The code that I am using is as follows:
> >     rs = getMetaData().getImportedKeys(null, null, getTableName());
> >     boolean keepLooking = false;
> >       if(rs != null){
> >         System.out.println("Resut not null, therefore there are imported keys");
> >         while(rs.next() && keepLooking){
> >           System.out.println("Inside 'rs.next()'");
> >         //Check to see if a particular column is a foreign key
> >           if(rs.getString("FKCOLUMN_NAME").equalsIgnoreCase(getColumnName())){
> >             setForeignKey(true);
> >         keepLooking = false;
> >         }
> >         }//end while
> >       }//if result set isn't null
> >

> > The errors that I receive are detailed below (note the listed drivers were added to my classpath):
> >     postgreSQL driver 7.3.1 - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -3
> >     postgreSQL jdbc driver 7.3.0 (jdbc 3.0) - java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range:
-3

> > I am attempting to retrieve information on the following table with the following columns:
> > APPLIANCE
> >     Keyname             Unique     Primary     Field
> >     =======            ======    =======    =====
> >     app_mac_address         Yes         No         app_mac_address_net
> >     app_mac_address_net_idx No         No         app_mac_address_net
> >     appliance_company_id_idx No         No         company_id
> >     appliance_pkey         Yes         Yes         appliance_id
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem could be?  Is this the most recent combination of postgreSQL
driver/postgreSQLjdbc driver that I should use?  I'm really stumped by this issue and welcome any feedback that anyone
mayhave.

> > Thanks!
> >
> > Candis

> >     (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to majordomo@postgresql.org)

Сообщение: Re: JDBC Driver -- getImportedKeys
Сообщение: Re: JDBC Driver -- getImportedKeys