Re: missing 7.3.1 pg_hba.conf examples

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: missing 7.3.1 pg_hba.conf examples
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2 Jan 2003, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Ed L. wrote:
> > I was a bit disappointed to see the handy example pg_hba.conf
> > configurations go away in 7.3.1 for a leaner-but-less-helpful set of
> > comments.  I hope some examples make their way back into that file
> > since that is precisely where one needs to see them in the normal
> > course of DBA events in my experience.
>
> Yes, we discussed the idea of removing them.  I think some folks wanted
> a smaller file that was easier to manage, and wanted to put that stuff
> into the official docs.

Unless you're transferring it on a 14.4k modem (I've done it, recently.
;^) I wouldn't expect the size of the pg_hba.conf file to be a major
issue.  I like the old way better too.  At the least there should be an
example line for each major configuration option in the .conf file.

It's way easier to cut and paste the examples in the same file than it is
to cut and paste from the docs into the .conf file.

Сообщение: Re: How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?
Сообщение: Re: How to backup a postgreSQL of 80 GByte ?