Re: no space left on device

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: no space left on device
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Jose wrote:

> Hi there, I'm Jose From Canada,
>
>   I'm working with PostgreSQL 7.2 on Linux Red hat 7.3 and when I try to
> create an object in the database, using PGAdmin or psql, I get this error.
>
>   create index pp_key on pp (p1) ;
>
>   Error: -2147467259  can not create object : no space left on device.
>

>   But if I check the available space on disk from linux I have a lot, more
> than 4 GB and the table pp is empty.

Couple of clues

1:  Something is filling up a different partition than the one that hosts
your database, say /tmp or something.  Use df to see how much of ALL your
file systems are in use.

2:  You have run out of inodes to store file system information in.  Take
your machine down to run level 1 and run fsck for your file system on it
in a forced check mode (-f switch for e2fsck) and see how many of the
inodes are in use.  If you're out, you're gonna need to backup your whole
database somewhere, rerun mke2fs with a switch to up the number of
descriptors. (-i for bytes per inode or -T news|largfile|largefile4)

3:  Your file system has some kind of problem.  I've seen ext2/3 file
systems claim to be full when the problem was a bad block and the
associated problems it produced.  If so, backup your database, drop to run
level 1, umount it, reformat it with mke2fs with -c switch to check for
bad blocks.  You know the rest.