Re: escape single quote in INSERT command

От Thomas Good
Тема Re: escape single quote in INSERT command
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 mallah@trade-india.com wrote:

> Why dont' you use prepare and execute  in case you are using DBI
> same program is like this.
>
> $dbh = DBI -> connect ( "......");
> $sth = $dbh -> prepare("insert into tab (a,b) values (?,?)");
> $sth -> execute($a , $b );
> $sth -> finish();
> $dbh -> commit();
> $dbh -> disconnect();

> I'd like to put escape characters in my
> > insert command to accommodate for '

$dbh->quote() will do the escaping for DBI but be careful with dates
as the variable binding does not always behave as expected.

You can esc the single with another single, ala ANSI SQL: ''
This works in Oracle, PG and MySQL for sure.

In perl:  $name =~ s/\'/\'\'/g;
$query = qq |insert into x values ('$name')|;
and so on...

Now, can some kind soul tell me how to do an 'insert into x select y;'
where x is a numeric(19,2) and y is a money type???
Thomas Good                                  e-mail: tomg@sqlclinic.net
Programmer/Analyst                           phone:   (+1) 718.818.5528
Residential Services                         fax:     (+1) 718.818.5056
Behavioral Health Services, SVCMC-NY         mobile:  (+1) 917.282.7359
   --            Geistiges Eigentum ist Diebstahl!              --

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: