Re: REINDEX ALL and CLUSTER ALL

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: REINDEX ALL and CLUSTER ALL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Aug 2002, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Christopher Kings-Lynne wrote:
> > Would it be worth adding REINDEX ALL and CLUSTER ALL as actual SQL commands?
> > This would be neat.  Plus, it means we don't have to worry about having
> > unix-only script in the distro once we have Win32 support.
> >
> > Actually, we should just leave the 'ALL' off.  That will make them behave
> > like VACUUM without arguments...
>
> Wow, now that is a nify idea!   Let me add it to TODO and we can get rid
> of the shell scripts entirely:
>
>         o Allow CLUSTER to cluster all tables, remove clusterdb
>     o Allow REINDEX to rebuild all indexes, remove /contrib/reindex

Huh... I asked whether to do the CLUSTER ALL thing, and someone said it
was just bloat; no one seemed to think it was useful, so I abandoned the
idea.

"Porque Kim no hacia nada, pero, eso si,
con extraordinario exito" ("Kim", Kipling)

Сообщение: Re: REINDEX ALL and CLUSTER ALL
Сообщение: Re: REINDEX ALL and CLUSTER ALL