Re: can't connect to a postgreSQL database from PHP

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: can't connect to a postgreSQL database from PHP
Дата
Список pgsql-php
On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Carlos wrote:

> HelpHi everybody!
>
> I've got a problem using PHP to connect to a postgre database, it seems that
> the function for postgre are not recognized or something like that because a
> I get the following error in the web navigator:
> "Fatal Error: Calling to undefined function pg_connect() ...)"
>
> I configured php with: ./configure --with-apache=/usr/local/apache_1.3.26
>                                                  --with-pgsql=shared
>                                                  --enable-track-vars
>                                                 --with-xml

Why do you have --with-pgsql=shared?  Normally, you just need the switch
--with-pgsql.

when you ran the ./configure script, did you save the output and see
whether it said it found and configured postgresql?  My bet is that it
failed during ./configure and you didn't notice, as it won't cause the
./configure script to error out.

Also, I'd recommend compiling apache for DSO support, i.e. using the
--with-apxs switch setting.  I've seen problems show up with using the .a
libs instead of .so.  Since shared objects seems the preferred
methodology, it seems like problems with configuration that affect dso get
fixed much quicker than static libs.

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: