Re: older version

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: older version
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, pilar wrote:

> I've installed pgsql version 7.1.2 but on the server where my site is I've
> got older version - 6.5.3. I've projected my db for the newer pg and the
> question is:
>
> are there any programs which are able to convert my db to the older system?

If you haven't done too many strange and wonderful things with the newer
features, you can likely use pg_dump on the 7.1.2 database and then do

psql dbname -e <dumpgoeshere.sql

on the 6.5.3 machine.

But the better bet would be to get your site to upgrade to 7.2.1 and
yourself as well.  It's faster, more stable, and has a better feature set.
If you can't get them to upgrade, then hopefully the dump/restore boogie
will do.