Re: Foxpro

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Foxpro
Дата
Список pgsql-general
First, don't discount foxpro.  it's not half bad.  It's not Postgresql,
but it is a pretty nice little engine.

Here's what I'd do.  Buy him Joel Celcko's SQL for Smarties.

Have him do as many examples as he can understand in both foxpro and
postgresql.

While postgresql seems to be able to do many of them, most other
semi-rdbms systems like mysql and foxpro quickly fall short.

As a plus, he might actually pick up some database theory while he's
reading it, and that wouldn't be all bad either :-)

At the same time he is learning why foxpro isn't probably the best choice