Re: percent function in table?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: percent function in table?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
There are a few ways to do this.  The easiest is with a view, which would
be something like this:

create table test (n1 float,n2 float);
insert into test values (5,8);
insert into test values (8,12);
insert into test values (23.68,51.3);

create view tview as select n1,n2,n2||' is '||((n2-n1)/n1)*100||'% greater
than '||n1 as percent from test;

Or simply

create view tview as select n1,n2,((n2-n1)/n1)*100 as percent from test;

if you don't want the extra noise of the text.  Output