Re: Bug #574: can not create tables that start with "Clinic"

От Edwin Grubbs
Тема Re: Bug #574: can not create tables that start with "Clinic"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
There is no NUMBER data type. I believe you want to use the NUMERIC data
type.

-Edwin Grubbs

On Wed, 6 Feb 2002 pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org wrote:

> Ivan Handler (ivan@jaildoc.com) reports a bug with a severity of 3
>
> Short Description
> can not create tables that start with "Clinic"
>
> Long Description
> First I logged in to my Linux server (latest RH) as root and did a su -l postgres.  I created a database called
chttestusing createdb with no problems.  I then went into psql using chttest and did a \i /var/tmp/CHTdbNew.ddl which
isthe script I created.  It created all of the tables (28 of them) that do not start with the string, "Clinic" and
rejectedthe 5 that do.  The error message for all 5 was identical:
> ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "("
>
> the line number was always given as the end of the clause.  I have included the script for you to inspect.  I have
beenall through this and had another programmer look at it, and we can find no other reason than the name.  It is a
prettyweird bug or a very subtle script problem that I can not see.  I have just started to use PostGreSQL, so it could
beme.  I have enclosed the complete script.

От: Peter Eisentraut
Сообщение: Re: Bug #574: can not create tables that start with "Clinic"
От: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Сообщение: Bug #575: Build Problem with Postgresql 7.1.3 on Aix 4.3.3 with VisualAge 5.0 compiler resources: