Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)

От Tille, Andreas
Тема Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 19 Nov 2001, Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD wrote:

> > It is no specific query case.  It is the speed of an index scan which
> > goes like N if you do it with PostgreSQL and it goes like log N if
> > you do not have to look back into the table like MS SQL server does.
>
> I cannot see why you keep saying that. It is simply not true.
> MS SQL shows a behavior of O(N), it is simply, that PostgreSQL
> because of well described methodology takes longer per affected row.
> The speed difference is linear, no matter how many rows
> are affected.
I´m basing my assumption on the statement of my colleague.  He
told me that consequent index usage results in O(log N) behaviour.
I´m really no expert in database theory but if you like I can foreward
your question.

Kind regards
        Andreas.

От: "Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD"
Сообщение: Re: Further open item (Was: Status of 7.2)
От: mlw
Сообщение: postgresql.conf