Re: Performance question (stripped down the problem)

От Tille, Andreas
Тема Re: Performance question (stripped down the problem)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 20 Sep 2001, Justin Clift wrote:

> Sorry, I haven't seen the history of this thread.  One question which
> might be relevant is, have you adjusted the postgresql.conf file from
> the default memory settings to be something better?
I adjusted two parameters:

shared_buffers = 2048
 (When I tried 4096 I´ve got a connection error. Don´t know what this
  means, but anyway increasing of this value did not changed anything.)

sort_mem = 2048
 (After increasing this value (from default 512) to 1024 I got an
  increase in speed from 20s to 18s - not much but better than nothing.
  Further increase to 2048 did not change anything further so I stopped
  here.)

> If these are the times you're getting from a default configuration, you
> might be able to get far better results by doing performance tuning of
> PostgreSQL and/or the server.
Any other values which might help here?

Kind regards

       Andreas.

Сообщение: Re: Performance question (stripped down the problem)
Сообщение: Re: Performance question (stripped down the problem)