Re: Bug in createlang?

От David Wheeler
Тема Re: Bug in createlang?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Does anyone have a comment on this?  I wrote it a month ago.

I'm no authority on security, but it seems to me that PosgreSQL ought to
require the setting of an administrative password. IIRC, some of the
commercial database products have default passwords, but those are a
frequent security problem, since admins oft forget to change them. But I
don't mind setting the root password when I install my RedHat or Yellow
Dog system, so I don't think I'll mind setting it when I install Postgres.

Just MHO.

Regards,

David

--
David Wheeler                                         AIM: dwTheory
David@Wheeler.net                                     ICQ: 15726394