Re: bugs - lets call an exterminator!

От D. Hageman
Тема Re: bugs - lets call an exterminator!
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 21 Aug 2001, Vince Vielhaber wrote:

> In the seemingly hundreds of thousands of messages on the bug database
> topic I think I've come up with the following..
>
> Solution..
>
> Is implementing yet another bugtool going to be the solution?
> Probably not.  Do I want to go for number six?  No.
>

> The current tool has a form - we keep it.
> The current tool mails to the bugs list - we keep it.

You are correct on implementing another bug reporting tool - why re-invent
the wheel?  Why not use the bugzilla project for bug tracking?  I do
believe it has a postgresql backend by now and if it doesn't - I am sure
it will soon or would be trivial to make a backend and contribute it back.
This tool has been popularized by Mozilla and RedHat ... saying that I am
sure the couple of RedHat employees on the list wouldn't mind giving a
hand with setup and what not (though they will have to speak for
themselves on this issues).

--
||  D. Hageman                    <dhageman@dracken.com>  ||