Re: libpgtcl doesn't use UTF encoding of TCL

От Reinhard Max
Тема Re: libpgtcl doesn't use UTF encoding of TCL
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Reinhard Max writes:
>
> > OK, I'll pack the new stuff inside #ifdef TCL_UTF8 and define that if
> > the Tcl version is 8.1 or greater.
>
> No, please add a configure check for Tcl_UtfToExternalDString or
> some other function representative of this interface..

Why make simple things complicated?
Tcl changed it's internal string representation starting with release
8.1 . It is not an interface one can decide whether to use it or not.
Every extension that imports or exports strings and gets compiled for
Tcl >= 8.1 has to make sure that they are UTF8 regardless, if it uses
the Tcl_*Utf*DString functions or something else. So I consider it
sufficient to define TCL_UTF8 if Tcl's Version is >= 8.1 as I did in
the patch that was attached to my last mail.

cu
    Reinhard