Re: COPY BINARY broken on Linux/AXP

От Reinhard Max
Тема Re: COPY BINARY broken on Linux/AXP
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Reinhard Max <max@suse.de> writes:
> > I suspect that the newer versions of gcc or glibc are the source of
> > these problems. Let's see what our Alpha experts say about this...
>
> Okay.  If it proves to be a portability problem rather than a
> compiler bug, let us know ...

... it really was the compiler. Sorry for bothering you.

What will remain is the differences in the results of the geometry
test. This is due to the fact that glibc-2.2.3 uses a different (and
more precise, as I've been told) implementation for the trigonometric
functions.

Is there a way to reflect that fact in /src/test/regress/resultmap so
that the results of both glibc<2.2.3 and glibc>=2.2.3 get compared
with thir respective expected results?

cu
    Reinhard