Re: PostGreSQL 7.0.3 hangs in SuSE

От 100.179370@germanynet.de (Martin Jacobs)
Тема Re: PostGreSQL 7.0.3 hangs in SuSE
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 6 Apr 2001, Stephan Richter wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> did anyone notice that PostGres stops its services from time to time in
> SuSE. I do not have the problem with RedHat, my install there is running
> for several month smooth now, but the SuSE install gives me problems every
> second day or so.
> I tried all 7.0.x versions in source and binary form.

Maybe your cron.daily deletes the socket file

    /tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432

Your postmaster should remain running, but clients cannnot
connect?

I had a similar problem and solved it by adding a touch
command to the cron.daily.local script

#
# Prevent cron.daily from deleting postmasters socket files:
#
if [ "$START_POSTGRES" = yes ] ; then
   for TMP_DIR in $TMP_DIRS_TO_CLEAR ; do
       find $TMP_DIR/. -type s -name .\*PGSQL.\* -exec /usr/bin/touch {} \;
   done
fi

Hope this helps.

Regards

Martin

--
Dipl-Ing. Martin Jacobs * Windsbach * Germany
Registered Linux User #87175, http://counter.li.org/