Re: Functions in Postgres

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Functions in Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
gordoncl@optusnet.com.au writes:

> Do all functions get compiled in Postgresql? I know functions with trusted
> languages like PL/pgsql and PL/TCL etc do, but what about functions written in
> SQL?

Each language handler is free to interpret the source text in its own way.
This has nothing to do with trustedness (is SQL not trusted?).  Neither
PL/pgSQL nor PL/Tcl involve a compilation step, although PL/pgSQL does
some optimizations internally that could be called compilation.

Is this question just out of random interest, or are you really asking
something like are functions fast?

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: