Re: Autoconf upgrade

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Autoconf upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> Hmm. I'd much rather be using a version which actually ships with some
> distros. I've got 2.13 on my rather fresh Linux box. Anyone else getting
> something later any time soon?

Autoconf 2.13 is probably going to stay around for quite a while since a
lot of projects are using it.  But it's dead and old (>2 years).

We could argue about using 2.52 or 2.53.  2.52 is widely adopted, but if
we're going to switch, why not use the latest stable release?  We are
quite known for scolding people for using old releases of the software
that we maintain.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net