Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking
Дата
Re: pg_ctl - tighten command parameter checking  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Oliver Elphick writes:

> The attached patch improves the command parameter checking of pg_ctl.
>
> At present, there is nothing to check that the parameter given with a
> parameter-taking option is actually valid.  For example, -l can be given
> without a following logfile name; on a strict POSIX shell such as ash,
> you will get a subsequent failure because of too many shifts, but bash
> will let it pass without showing any error.  The patch checks that each
> parameter is not empty and is not another option.

Isn't this problem present in all of our scripts?

Btw., you shouldn't use "cut" in portable scripts.  You could probably use
"case" to do the matching you want.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net