Re: benchmarking postgres

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: benchmarking postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Christopher Kings-Lynne writes:

> Does anyone feel like running the MySQL benchmark against postgres 7.2 to
> see if there's been a real speed improvement??

For anyone looking for a real benchmark, check out the OSDB project
(http://osdb.sourceforge.net).  It's based on the fairly respected AS3AP
benchmark.  The drawback is that you can't easily generate the test data,
yet.  I've been working on that, but I sort of ran out of algebra for a
while.  For now you can download some test data sets, but note that
they're really too small to run the benchmark accurately.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net