Re: User Permissions

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: User Permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Braum Meakes writes:

> I have a function that I've written in plpgsql.  In it I lock a table
> before selecting a value and, depending on the value, either update the
> record selected or insert a new one.  It works perfectly when I run it as a
> super-user or as the owner of the table.  However, as a standard user I am
> unable to lock the table.  How do I either run the function at the owners
> level, or change the permissions on the table to allow the user to lock it?

Depending on what lock method you chose, you probably need to have UPDATE
permission on the table.  So, as the owner of the table, execute

GRANT UPDATE ON tablename TO yourusername;

For even higher lock-levels you need to be the table owner, but you
probably don't want to use those anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net