Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/src/sgml Makefile cvs.sgml datatype. ...

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql/doc/src/sgml Makefile cvs.sgml datatype. ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart writes:

> > ... Of course, no hardcoded paths would be even
> > better...
>
> It actually is a perl script, not a full-out standalone program. It
> seems like we would need this to be a config item or at least capable of
> being overridden with Makefile.custom.

Probably the latter, by putting ifdef's around the existing assignment.

I like to keep several stylesheet releases around, so I prefer the current
method of referring to the program via the stylesheet distribution's
top-level directory, because it makes it easier to switch everything by
changing a line in Makefile.custom.  This is especially important because
there were critical bug fixes in collateindex in the latest stylesheet
release (1.74b, I think), so it's good to know which one you're using
exactly and you probably don't want to use the thing in /usr/bin anyway.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net