Re: Licensing

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Licensing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Ross J. Reedstrom writes:

> Yeah, a quick search on freshmet.net found TinyScheme and KSI Scheme as
> candidates for an embeddable Scheme interpreter. KSI is described as
> 'well documented: but the doumentation is in Russian'

Several months ago I looked to do exactly what Doug is proposing now.
There are a few dozen(!) freely available scheme implementations out there
that claim to be embeddable, but I haven't found a single one that a)
compiled cleanly, b) was documented, and c) could be used in a way that
wouldn't require changing the postmaster startup code.  Most scheme
implementations play weird tricks with the stack for efficiency, but I
don't want that kind of thing in PostgreSQL.

Good luck anyway. ;-)

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net