Re: Second call for platform testing

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Second call for platform testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane writes:

> "Cyril VELTER" <cyril.velter@libertysurf.fr> writes:
> >     What modification should be made to configure.in to make it include
> > SupportDefs.h when testing for int8 uint8 int64 and uint64 size ?
>
> This looks like a bit of a pain.  We're currently using AC_CHECK_SIZEOF
> to make those probes, apparently because it's the closest standard macro
> to what we want.  But it's not close enough.  It doesn't include
> anything except <stdio.h>.  I don't think we can fix this except by
> making our own macro.  Peter, any opinion about how to do it?

OK, I bit the bullet and made up a whole new macro for type testing.
Those who can't get at a new snapshot can try the attached patch.

I have included <stdio.h> because that appears to effect the definition of
the types in question on AIX; apparently it pulls in <inttypes.h> somehow.

Please check this on AIX and BeOS.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net