Re: Documentation nits

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Documentation nits
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Rich Morin writes:

> PostreSQL 7.1 Administrator's Guide
>
>    On page iii (2nd line), something is printing as a square (?).

Could you give some context?  I don't have the specific document at hand.

> PostreSQL 7.1 Developer's Guide
>
>    The Arabic page numbers do not match the actual page numbers for
>    "List of Tables" and "List of Examples".

> PostreSQL 7.1 Programmer's Guide
>
>    The Arabic page numbers do not match the actual page numbers for
>    "List of Tables" , "List of Figures", and "List of Examples".  Also,
>    there seem to be two sequences of Arabic page numbers (e.g., the
>    Preface is not the first item, yet it is listed as Page "i").

I've found that the Arabic page numbers in the front matter don't work
correctly.  I think I have this fixed for the 7.2 release, but it's a
combination of a newer stylesheet release, patches yet to be included in
an even newer stylesheet release, plus the new PG customization layer, so
it might be a bit hard to reproduce for outsiders.

> PostreSQL 7.1 Reference Manual
>
>    Certain entries in the Table of Contents are exdented slightly
>    (alternatively, the other entries may be indented slightly :-):
>
>      CHECKPOINT, RESET, SET, SET CONSTRAINTS, SET TRANSACTION, SHOW,
>      createdb, createuser, etc.

I vote for indented.  I can see the issue from a theoretical point of
view, but it doesn't appear to happen with the newer toolchain I have
here.  Will have to watch this.

> PostreSQL 7.1 User's Guide
>
>    The Arabic page numbers do not start with the first page of the
>    document; the "Table of Contents" should be on page "iii".  Also,
>    there seem to be two sequences of Arabic page numbers (e.g., the
>    Preface is not the first item, yet it is listed as Page "i").
>
>    In Table 3-10, the text is jammed up against the lefthand rules.

Peculiar.

>    On page 53 (3rd line), something is printing as a square (?).

Again, some context would help me find this faster.

Thanks for those reports.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net